Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 97

97/365
                                             lighting on cloudy day
I want to go out and practice taking pictures now that the temperature is warmer, one problem with Spring is that we get a lot of cloudy days and I read somewhere that cloudy days are not good for photographing people...First I did my homework and then practiced what I've leaned..I used wherever was available to me at the moment.

These pictures were taking at my backyard  in open space and were not edited.. I used Auto white balance.
                 

                below her chin up

 Cloudy day 
1- the light is soft because the clouds, no direct sunlight. 
2- the light is clean because soft light barely  reflects off  grass or trees.
3- Vertical light is a problem. It doesn't matter where the sun is or time of the day , on cloudy day the light will always come from above.

Lets see why vertical light is a problem when photographing people. It is a mediocre light, it caused  dark shadows below people eyes..once you start editing, the shadows get worst.

 **********************************************************************************
You need to get some something to block the light from above
 I don't have trees, doorways or something of that nature to block light in my backyard, in this case I used the diffuser that came in with my  5reflector..I placed it right above her head, like an umbrella....


                                     
The bottom pictures was taking using the cloud WB, too yellow for me this is why I used Auto balance..                                            


This is the guy who explains it better than I do..

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I also find the auto white balance does a better job, but I still need to adjust a bit after I upload, but if I had a big enough gray card, or could do kelvins on my camera than I'd probably go for those.

    ReplyDelete